To operate and maintain approximately 1.7 million square feet of General Fund Buildings. Managing County resources responsibly, efficiently and with accountability and providing a safe work place environment for employees and the general public utilizing County services.
Key Services or Functions:
- Assist in the development of the Capital Budget.
- Coordinates architectural/engineering services.
- Coordinates vendor services as it pertains to maintenance of facilities and infrastructure.
- Responsible for climate control within the facilities, including heating and cooling, pneumatic systems, routine maintenance of filters, chilled water systems, cooling towers and steam-line infrastructures.
- Responsible for repairs and upgrades to interior and exterior lighting equipment, power feeds and electrical infrastructures.
- Responsible for the maintenance, repair and annual inspections of all life/safety systems, including fire alarm systems, sprinkler systems, elevators, emergency generators, etc.
- Responsible for all landscape and grounds maintenance, including grass cutting, snow removal, also utilize “best practices” in order to minimize adverse impact on the environment.
- Responsible for repairs and maintenance of plumbing fixtures, drains, grease traps, including backflow prevention.
- Responsible for custodian/housekeeping maintenance including stocking paper products, recycling materials, refuge pick‑up, etc.
- Coordinate hazardous material abatement.
Goals and Objectives:
- To implement planned maintenance programs, which are designed to extend the useful life of the buildings and operating systems to avoid premature capital outlay for replacement.
- Provide a level of service in maintaining the County General Fund buildings with the continued decrease in budget and manpower.
- Further evaluate cleaning product line and delivery for additional cost savings.
- To maintain a maintenance schedule for all mechanical systems.
- Negotiate discounts with suppliers.
- To provide quarterly inspections of mechanical and electrical systems identifying components needing repair/replacement.
- Lynn M. Arnott-Bryks Director
- Benjamin Treppa, Operations & Safety Supervisor
- Alfred Brys, Mechanical Systems Supervisor
- Estella Shelton Maintenance Supervisor